COMPLEX PROBLEM RESOLUTION
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” Albert Einstein
In most large organisations, from time to time, significant issues or opportunities arise for which there is no clear course of action. These situations are often complex, with divergent stakeholder needs (eg. regulation, suppliers, customers, etc), multi-party processes and/or multiple systems involved.
Baylink helps our clients to navigate these issues or leverage opportunities by:
- Defining and agreeing the purpose and success criteria with key stakeholders
- Establishing a holistic understanding the situation, including gaining all perspectives
- Separating fact from opinion, including obtaining and reviewing records as applicable
- Investigating the issues and/or completing a Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Identifying and assessing options to resolve the situation
- Drawing findings and recommendations for review with stakeholders
This approach has been successfully used to:
- Review an unexpected material variance in $500+ million works program and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Resolve a $20+ million ‘work in progress’ item which had been on a balance sheet for multiple years
- Review and recommend actions to resolve a critical business failure in a global credit card company which materially impacted billing of customers in 10+ countries
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business achieve the results you desire, please contact us.